Friday, February 03, 2006

Why must they be so loud on a Thursday night?

Had the men on my floor waited until tomorrow night to get roudy, I would be asleep. Since I am awake, I'll take this time to rant a bit.
So, the Presidents State of the Union address was, for me, a flop. As if it weren't obvious that he is sitting lame duck. What amazes me, however (besides this high school graduate's inability to spell), is that midterms are this year. The President spent most of his speech reporting on the war in Iraq, something that the American people already follow religiously everyday anyway. The topics that followed included medicare/cade, foreign oil, education, tax cuts, and spying. These are all things that matter, but the issues the President (failed) to present were middle of the road comments that cited problems and no solutions (although he seems to think medicare/cade is doing well, which is odd, since it is state, not federal, distributed). Bottom line is that I was expecting more of a fired up protaganist and less of volvo salesman. And BTB Bird, did C. Burns miss lead us all in that email?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home